Follow Your Heart Diva

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

We Have to Get Rid Of That Girlfriend of Yours

In my experience on this planet I have realized that the majority of my friends are boys and that I am one of the guys the majority of the time. Although this is a great life most of the time, it starts to suck when one of my guy friends gets a girlfriend who for some reason decides to not like me, hate me, or decides I'm the person he's cheating on her with. Which I was Once, not gonna lie, but I came clean and apologized. Anyway. I love my guy friends but when they get girlfriends who don't understand me, I hate the tension that develops.
The first type of girlfriend who I'm not a fan of, is the one that feels it necessary to tell me every little detail of their relationship. Not that I haven't heard it already 1, and 2 there are just some things I really don't want to know. Such as, oh your sex life with a guy friend of mine. Him telling me, cool it's his perspective. Girl telling me, creepy. I can relate better since I too am female and there are some things I just really, really don't want to know.
Girl type two, the one who runs a deep analysis on my friendship with her boyfriend. Not that I mind telling you stories from our past, but when every story ends with you saying, "I can't believe you two didn't hook up/aren't together/haven't dated/etc." Or you constantly need to be reminded of yes, he and I did date, but we're over it now. There's a problem. Don't blame your insecurities on me.
The Third type and my favorite, those who hear my name once, or see a picture once, and automatically hate me. I haven't decided if they sense evil or if I ward it off. Anyway, this type annoys me. These are the girls that will look my friends in the face and say "I don't want you to be friends with her." "Why do you talk to her?" "Does she matter more than me?" And I hate to break these little girls' hearts, but He's going to stay friends with me, he talks to me because he is my friend and cares about me, and until he tells you he loves you and MEANS IT, yes he does care about Me more than You.
At one point, with all of my guy friends, I have wanted to tell whoever they're dating, "I've been here longer than you, I'll be here after you, and yes, he does care about me more than you, he just cares about me in a different way." It's just frustrating right now with so many of my guy friends now in relationships and having to hear the bad lies for "I can't see/talk/hang out with you because my girlfriend will get mad." It's bullshit. The one girl who has ANY Right to not want her boyfriend as one of my best friends, is glad we still talk and are still close after all we've been through. Hell, I dated this particular guy for 2 years and he was my first love. His girlfriend has more right than anyone to hate me, yet she doesn't and is glad we get along. So why can't most girlfriends of my boys be like her?
The answer to this question was explained to me by one of my fav. guy friends about 3 years ago. "Most girlfriends we have are intimidated by you because you genuinely care about us and you show that. Because of that we show you how much we care as well and that scares them. They think that there is next to No chance we'll care about her as much as you. And in most cases that's right. But the girls that look past that and see that we care about you a lot, but it's different so she doesn't need to worry, We know they're keepers." This is one of my top five friend compliments of all time.
I love my guy friends and I refuse to change how I treat them, care about them just to please whoever they're dating at that moment. Besides the girls who accept me as a friend of their boy, are the girls the boys usually end up marrying. So guys if your girlfriend acts odd towards, around, about me, or falls into my 3 "bad girlfriend" groups, She's gotta go. We Have To Get Rid of That Girlfriend of Yours. And find you one that's really worthy.

1 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i can so relate to your story.
it is crazy how some of my guy pals' girlfriends create this uncomfortable atmosphere whenever my guy friends come inches close to me or just want to have a simple chat. Highly possessive, immature equals insecure and you can safely predict their relationship isn't going to last. i pity my guy friends looking like slaves whenever that happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home